Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry
Our Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Did you know smiling can add seven years to your life? If you’ve been holding back from smiling, then it’s time to consider cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Sal. Cosmetic dentistry at our Pittston dental practice encompasses both aesthetics and functionality of a smile, so you’ll look AND feel great.
With his level of training at the Las Vegas Institute, Dr. Sal offers a wide range of cosmetic and restorative services, including:
Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry Services in Pittston, PA
- Teeth WhiteningEvery smile should leave a positive impression, and it doesn’t have to take a complicated procedure to get it done. With Zoom! Teeth Whitening, our cosmetic dentist can dramatically brighten your smile in one convenient visit. Teeth whitening is a simple and affordable cosmetic solution for those who wish to make small improvements, but aren’t in need of an extensive makeover.
- BondingAre you noticing chips, gaps, or discoloration? Cosmetic bonding can easily hide those flaws, and it’s all done in just one appointment. The materials used in bonding are tooth-colored and seamlessly matched with your tooth’s natural color, which adds to the effect of a gorgeous smile. While this procedure is completed in one appointment, it also is very conservative and doesn’t require your dentist to remove a lot of natural tooth structure, keeping your smile healthy.
- Porcelain VeneersIt’s not uncommon for teeth to become stained, misshapen, chipped, or misaligned over the years. The good news is we have the solution to reverse time and get your smile’s back to its natural beauty! Porcelain veneers are extremely popular for our patients because of their abilities to change the color, shape, and alignment of teeth. How so? Veneers are thin, porcelain shells bonded to the front of each tooth. The material is durable, doesn’t stain, and can be customized to highlight your unique features. They can genuinely have a significant impact on your look and life.
- Gum Contouring (with a laser)Some people have gums that are too low or too high, which creates a ‘gummy’ look. It can result in self-consciousness and make the smile look unbalanced. Gum contouring can help remove that excess gum tissue without having to undergo massive surgery. We’ve incorporated laser dentistry into gum contouring, which can gently sculpt your gums to their aesthetically-pleasing shape. Recovery time is minimal, so you can smile with confidence without missing a beat.
- BOTOX and Lip FillersYes, Dr. Sal can do more than just enhance smiles. He can help you look your best and turn back time to look 10-20 years younger with BOTOX and lip fillers. These methods are extremely effective at hiding wrinkles, frown lines, and restoring skin volume for months at a time! It may seem unusual to hear a dentist providing a cosmetic treatment other than dentistry; however, dentists are an excellent choice for BOTOX because of their training and familiarity with facial structure, muscles, and bones. Also, injecting BOTOX requires a confident and steady hand, which dentists are extremely comfortable with. Not only can BOTOX freshen up your look, but it can help those who are experiencing TMJ issues. BOTOX is FDA-approved to provide headache relief because it relaxes your facial muscles, relieving your pain. It’s time to hit the refresh button on your smile and face with BOTOX and lip fillers. Contact us today to learn more.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
You’re probably familiar with the importance of fillings. Getting a filling involves the process of sealing a small hole in your tooth caused by cavities. At our dental office, we only use tooth-colored fillings so we can save your smile (without the whole world knowing).
In fact, tooth-colored fillings are more durable and safe than traditional metal fillings because of their ability to tightly bond with your tooth and not expand or contract when eating hot and cold foods.
- Crowns and Bridges
Dental crowns are needed for damaged, decayed, or broken teeth, especially when a filling is not enough to restore the tooth. They are also commonly used to restore your tooth after a bridge, root canal, or dental implant.
Dental bridges are an excellent alternative to replace a missing tooth. A bridge requires placing a crown where a tooth is missing and then anchoring it with crowns on each side, restoring your smile.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
There may be times Dr. Sal will need to restore the health and function of your smile. With full mouth restoration, Dr. Sal will partner with you to create a comprehensive plan that will bring back your smile through multiple procedures over the course of numerous visits.
You can rest assured your smile is in good hands with Dr. Sal. He’s received neuromuscular dentistry training with the Las Vegas Institute, which is the philosophy of looking at the relationship between your teeth and jaw joints (TMJ) to produce a balanced bite. In the end, you’ll not only obtain a beautiful smile, but you can enjoy your new look free from pain.
It’s always our goal to preserve your natural teeth; however, keeping you healthy is more important. Thus, it may be possible to recommend a tooth extraction when a tooth is extremely damaged and even a root canal cannot save it. Removing wisdom teeth is another common reason for a tooth extraction.
Rest assured, Dr. Sal can take care of your extraction needs right here at our office. With his training and skills, he can remove wisdom teeth or any other tooth if need be. This eliminates the need for you to see a specialist, saving you time and money.
No matter the reason you need an extraction, we’ll do everything possible to make this process as easy for you as possible.
- TMJ Treatment
TMJ disorder addresses the disharmony and misalignment between your bite and temporomandibular joint (TMJ). This joint connects your lower jaw to the skull, and when it’s misaligned, it can cause painful, uncomfortable symptoms, such as:
- Jaw pain
- Neck pain
- Tinging fingers
- Ringing in the ears
- Difficulty in chewing
- Clicking or popping in the jaw
- And much more
With his neuromuscular training at the Las Vegas Institute, Dr. Sal recognizes the relationship between your bite and TMJ and offers conservative treatment options to relieve your pain and bring back that harmony. If you’re experiencing many of the above symptoms, please call our office for a consultation and we can brainstorm the next steps to help.
- Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a dangerous sleep condition where you frequently stop breathing while you’re sleeping, resulting in snoring. This happens because muscles in your throat block oxygen from getting to the brain. This can lead to severe health risks, including heart conditions.
If you’ve been diagnosed with sleep apnea, Dr. Sal can bring relief to a good night’s rest by using a custom and comfortable oral appliance. This oral appliance is worn at night and slightly pushes the jaw forward to help oxygen travel to the brain. In no time, you’ll start feeling relief from a restful sleep.
- Sedation Dentistry
Do you have dental anxiety? That’s okay! Millions of people suffer from dental phobia and even delay visiting the dentist. For those who want to get rid of the worry and obstacles of visiting the dentist, sedation dentistry is available.
All of our methods are safe, non-invasive, and will ease your fears. In fact, some patients report they forget their entire appointment. It works THAT well! Talk to Dr. Sal about our sedation options.
There may come a time in your life when you experience tooth loss, which can lead to problems with eating, speaking, and lack of smiling. With Dr. Sal, your dentist in Pittston PA, this doesn’t have to be the case. Our dentures are lifelike, customized, and designed to fit with your mouth while looking aesthetically pleasing. Finally, you don’t have to let missing teeth hinder your ability to smile!
I have been a patient for about 20 years. I have needed all kinds of work done and they have always been great. I have had after hour issues and Dr. Sal has personally contacted me to be sure I was okay and offering to meet me at the office if needed. You don't get that kind service anymore. Both of my girls are patients and look forward to their appointments. We've always had a great experience and I would never go anywhere else. Thanks to Dr. Sal and his kind and knowledgeable staff!
Lori S., Dr. Sal's Actual Patient